Activmotion S HTO/DFO
The implants of the Activ range are intended for high tibial osteotomy in adults.
- Implant well-suited to knee biomechanics: positioning onto the antero-medial surface of the tibia and orientation of the screws in an antero-posterior direction for increased resistance to stress when the knee rolls back
- Anatomically contoured implant: proximal curvature and metaphyseal slope
- Dualtec System technology: 1 polyaxial epiphyseal hole allowing +/-12.5° angulation (25° cone), for size 1 only
- 2 sizes:
- Size 1: length 61.6 mm, available in right and left versions
- Size 2: length 77.4 mm, available in right and left versions, implant design adapted to biplanar cuts
- Single fixation: Ø4.5 mm locking screws, length 30 to 75 mm (5mm increment)
Opening Wedge High Tibial Osteotomy Plates Sizes 1+2
- Anatomic asymmetrical implants (blue anodized for left plates and green anodized for right plates).
- Antero-medial positioning to be as close as possible to the lateral stress.
- The design of the size 2 implant is adapted to large biplanar cuts or large osteotomies.
- Titanium alloy TA6V implants for optimized mechanical resistance.
- For monoplanar osteotomy
– Up to 12 mm of correction
For biplanar osteotomy
– Up to 6 mm of correction
- For biplanar osteotomy
– Ascendant osteotomy
– Over 12 mm of correction
Distal Femoral Osteotomy Plates
- Medial closing and lateral opening plates.
- Anatomic asymmetrical implants (green anodized for
right plates and blue anodized for left plates).
- 2 offset screw holes improving the mechanical features of the assembly and preventing loss of angular correction (a):
– On both sides of the osteotomy site for closing; – Above the osteotomy site for opening.
- Monoaxial locking screws (Oneclip®): – 7 screws for the closing plate; – 8 screws for the opening plate.
- 1 polyaxial locking screw (DTS) allowing to avoid the intercondylar notch, if necessary (b). Possible angulation of the screw before locking (25° locking range) thanks to the DTS system.
- 1 ramp oblong hole allowing for a simple and controlled compression (c) for closing.
Compressive Ramp Oblong Hole
The ramp oblong hole allows a simple and controlled compression by the screw/plate interface.
- Dedicated instruments to create and maintain the appropriate angular correction during osteosynthesis: – 7 metallic wedges (6 mm to 18 mm; increment of 2 mm);
– Meary pliers (controled opening thanks to the markings – 3 to 19 mm (2 mm increment));
– Bone spreader;
– Cutting guide (see page 12 to see how to use the instrument); – MIS instruments (ANC1063 and ANC1065).
Different Methods of opening Osteotomies
Patient Specific Cutting Guide-Step by Step
Based on patients CT scan, the patient specific cutting guide for HTO offers an optimal correction of HKA axis and tibial slope.
One single use patient specific cutting guide (PSI) for each Activmotion plates:
– 1 specific cutting guide for Activmotion plate size 1
– 1 specific cutting guide for Activmotion plate size 2
- The K-wire going through this hole allows to check: – The direction of the osteotomy cut,
– The PSI position (compliance of the real position with the planned position).
K-wire 1 mm under the cut2.
- The Golden K-wire going through this hole serves as:
– a mechanical stop for the cut,
– an indication of the hinge position (hinge: 10-11 mm from the lateral cortex, distance from the tibial plateau varies between patients)
- Anterior bracket between the anterior tuberosity and the patellar tendon for accurate positioning.
- Posterior anatomical brackets congruent with the tibial surface for accurate positioning.